BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Am The Cheshire Cat

Well, I must say that I am shocked and stunned. Who would have thought? This little quiz gem is courtesy of Texas Oasis.



Alice in Wonderland - "I'm Odd" - The Cheshire Cat

, , , , ,

Which Famous Feline Are You?


You're the Cheshire Cat. Your mysterious aura and your penchant for riddles keep your friends guessing. You dislike staying too long in any one place. Your advice is always sound, if somewhat enigmatic. The sum total of this is that people are always following you and you just WANT TO GET AWAY!

Link

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was hoping for Snagglepuss, but it seems I a Cheshire Cat too...:)

Oh, and I'm a Hydra. Apparently...:)

31/1/07 11:28 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Oh yeah, snaggle puss, I had almost forgotten about him. (What a character!)

31/1/07 11:42 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE the hydra

You didn't tell me you were from tasmania mate..

31/1/07 11:55 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Well, as a mythical beast, I'm a Gryphon, but as a feline, I turned out to be Hobbes.
It could've been worse: I coulda been Aslan, or Scar, I suppose.

31/1/07 12:04 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE ka

Well hobbes is pretty cool and certainly much better than being aslan or scar.

31/1/07 12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hoping for the Gryphon KA. My clan/family crest has a "Gryphon Rampant" (it's a Scottish thing) but alas...:(

Seems I answered the questions all wrong...

31/1/07 1:57 pm  
Blogger Blueberry said...

I would have been pissed if I was Aslan. Tried reading The Chronicles of Narnia for the first time a year ago. Didn't get very far before it went to the used book store. Probably would have liked it as a kid.

31/1/07 3:18 pm  
Blogger Plonka said...

Beep: Just noticed the tassy line. Nice...:)

31/1/07 4:03 pm  
Blogger spirals said...

i too am the cheshire cat... woo hoo... and i LOVE your whole babel fish about me thing.. too good!

31/1/07 6:29 pm  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

ted:
I was hoping for the Gryphon KA.
So what mythic beast DID you get?

BBIM:
Well hobbes is pretty cool and certainly much better than being aslan or scar.
Well, I was hoping more for a dragon, but a chimeric creature is by far more interesting.

31/1/07 6:51 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

I turned out to be Hobbes. Who is he??

31/1/07 7:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KA: Hydra...

1/2/07 1:34 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE spirals:

Thanks for visiting.

Re: sarah

Hobbes is the cat in the cartoon calvin and hobbes
http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/

1/2/07 8:13 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE blueberry

I read the chronicles of narnia as a kid, not once imagining that it had a religious significance. I quite enjoyed it that way.

1/2/07 8:15 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Well, Ted, if 1 of your heads gets cut off, you grow 2 more.

1/2/07 12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL (wipes tears from the eyes...) Oh KA, that really is good...:)

Did you know that a standard joke here in Aus is that Tasmanians have two heads? Please say you didn't ...:)

1/2/07 9:11 pm  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

ted:
Did you know that a standard joke here in Aus is that Tasmanians have two heads? Please say you didn't ...:)
1st I'd heard of it. I'm a Yank, remember?
Glad I could brighten your day, mate.

2/2/07 5:59 am  
Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

Beep Beep,

You may be the Cheshire Cat, but dont think for one second that you can go dissapearin' on us!!! ;)

2/2/07 8:57 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Aaron:

I will try not to. Been having a few problems with blogger though. It isn't playing well at the moment. Or maybe it is my puter.

2/2/07 9:23 am  
Blogger Deacon Barry said...

Thufferin' Thuckatash! I'm Thylvethter! (I tawt I taw a puddy tat)
Oh well, could have been worse, I might have been one of those common or garden Cheshire cats that pop up all over this blog.
My mythical beast is a unicorn.

2/2/07 9:33 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Re deacon

My suspicion is that anyone who selects stripes as one of the options in the quiz, ends up being a cheshire cat. I may have to test that suspicion now.

I haven't tested for which mythical beast I am. I will do that now, just for "sh#ts and giggles."

2/2/07 10:38 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

I'm a gryphon.

2/2/07 10:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KA: Brilliant...:) Yeah, I know you're a yank but you've been yappin' with Beep for a while now so I thought she might have clued you in.

Beep: Damn...

2/2/07 8:21 pm  
Blogger Deacon Barry said...

I didn't select stripes, so that supports your hypothesis.

2/2/07 11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came out as a Pink Panther and a Gryphon. Might a bin the napping.

3/2/07 9:09 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

ted:
Yeah, I know you're a yank but you've been yappin' with Beep for a while now so I thought she might have clued you in.
Double down on the humor's always a good 1.

deacon:
My mythical beast is a unicorn.
Hopefully, not pink or invisible.

3/2/07 11:36 am  
Blogger Stardust said...

I'm Hobbes, too. :-)

3/2/07 1:48 pm  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

See, stardust, I knew we had a few things in common.
Which mythical beast were you?

3/2/07 4:29 pm  
Blogger Deacon Barry said...

Oh definitely pink! Matches the aprons on the ward where I work at the weekends.

4/2/07 8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home