BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This Is Australia Too

"This Is Australia Too"

I mentioned before I went on holidays how I would take a few pictures and post them when I got back. Well, if you click the youtube presentation, you can view those photographs. I didn't take all that many pictures when I away, so you will see similarities in some of the shots. Usually, I would only select a few from each roll and use those, but in order to make the presentation of a reasonable length, I had to use all of them - even the less visually appealing ones. Anyway, to those who read my blog, I hope you enjoy them.

One of the reasons I decided to punctuate some of my writings with aspects of my own life, feelings and ideas, is so that people may get an understanding that skeptics, freethinkers, non-christians, non-muslims are real people who have real lives. They are just people who do not share your religious beliefs.

"Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it." - Harry (Breaker) Morant - executed Australian soldier and poet.


Link

12 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Such gorgeous images!!!!

24/5/07 7:29 am  
Blogger Plonka said...

Very nicely done Beep. Was that Yothu Yindi?

24/5/07 10:58 am  
Blogger Blueberry said...

I like the music but don't know the band. Who is it? Beautiful pics!! I love that tree with the branches that lay on the ground.

24/5/07 1:39 pm  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

This is one country I have always wanted to visit and your pictures make me want to even more. The views were incredible. Thank you. Thank you.

24/5/07 11:31 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

hussy

Thanks. The camera is a bit crappy, but some of the shots are still ok.

plonka

Yes. Yothu Yindi. Great australian band.

25/5/07 1:13 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

blueberry

Thanks. The band is Yothu Yindi, an aboriginal band who recorded this song with Neil Finn. Neil Finn is a kiwi (New Zealander)

Here is another song of theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-CNqOhO2c&mode=related&search=

25/5/07 1:32 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

patricia

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed them.

25/5/07 1:32 am  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

According to the big G religions, We heathens belong to the sinfull world, anyway. No matter how our real lives are, to some people our lives will always be tainted.

You present Australia in a lovely way. I get the impression of space & broad horizons. it seems very free.

25/5/07 2:50 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

LT

I have always thought that people's religious beliefs or the lack of them, should be their own. But unfortunately the busy -bodies are out in full force claiming a right to inflict their religious beliefs onto everyone else.

Is your blog closed to comments? I went in there the only day to leave a message and I couldn't find a comments section.

25/5/07 10:47 am  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

I closed it then I opened it again.
I found I needed my computer for more then blogging.
I haven't been commenting on my blog or making new posts.
But, I can't stay away from the blogs of people that stimulate my intellect, like you.
Right now I'm into Greek mythology. So I feel sorta like one of the ghost like shadowy people that hang out on this side of the black river Cocytus; "Those who are taken aboard the bark(boat) are the souls of those who have recieved due burial rites; the host of others who have remained unburied are not permitted to pass the flood, but wander 100 years, & flit to & fro about the shore, till at last they are taken over."
Is that poetic or what? :)

25/5/07 12:33 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

LT

Well, I am glad to see you are still around. And you seem to be enjoying yourself whilst learning about a lot of new things.

26/5/07 12:25 am  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

LT, those folk sound like the afterlife's civil servants from Beetleguese!

Beautiful stuff, Beep. You sure do know how to pick the right music for your pics. As with Pop, they make me wanna see your land down under all the more.

Someday...

31/5/07 10:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home