BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"Clothes make the man, but nakedness makes the human being."

Spencer Tunick - Melbourne

A while ago I wrote a piece about Spencer Tunick and his photography. It was called "Now lies the earth all Danae to the stars." What I failed to include was this video when he organized some of the people from Melbourne, Australia to be part of one of his nude photographic sessions. The day was enjoyed by all who participated it seems, except for a lonely protester who wanted to use the photographic session to voice his religious opinion. There's one in every crowd apparently, but to the cheering of the crowd he was removed from the scene. Even the police at the end of the shot seemed a little sad for the poor man and gave him a consoling pat on the back. What needs to be remembered is that this was a legal photo shoot with willing participants who were not paid for getting naked. But at least according to the lone protester, god was upset with this display of nakedness. What do you think?


By the way, those of you who may be offended by naked Australian wobbly bits bouncing around in full view, should avert their eyes from the video.


Link

16 Comments:

Blogger CyberKitten said...

It has always confused me that God should be offended by the naked Human Being He supposedly created..... Although Adam & Eve apparently didn't *know* they were naked God certainly did - and was apparently not offended by them.

Makes as much sense as the rest of it I guess.....

31/5/07 1:06 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

What gets to me is the fact that for the lone religious protester, he wanted his religious beliefs to hold sway over everyone elses actions and behaviours. This is the part which annoys me the most about some religions and some religious believers.

They demand total compliance with what they individually believe. They don't have a "well you can believe what works for you" kind of attitude, it is - "there is only one way to go through life nd it is mine."

This "you will be assimilated" attitude is the kind of belief that denies other people their right to be religious or to not be religious. And it sticks in my craw.

31/5/07 10:56 am  
Blogger Yulacu said...

Although Adam & Eve apparently didn't *know* they were naked God certainly did - and was apparently not offended by them.

So God is offended by people that are naked and *know* they are naked? I'm confused. Is it okay to let children run around the city in their birthday suit until they *know* that they are naked?

What gets to me is the fact that for the lone religious protester, he wanted his religious beliefs to hold sway over everyone elses actions and behaviours.

It irritates me as well. What's more irritating though is the martyr complex some religious people get when someone disagrees. I'm not angry and I'm not attacking them. I simply disagree with them and would like to live my life without their interference, but that is too difficult for some to understand.

31/5/07 11:40 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE: " I simply disagree with them and would like to live my life without their interference, but that is too difficult for some to understand."

I understand this sentiment. Too many of them act like uninvited dinner guests who not only eat the food and drink all the wine, but they then go on to demand that everyone travel with them to the next house in order to do the same.

31/5/07 2:01 pm  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

A living sea of breathing flesh.
Tres cool, thanks beep.
& yeah, there always IS 1 in every crowd.
Likelihood of something like the video happening in the ME is like about, zero.

31/5/07 2:25 pm  
Blogger Daniel said...

Thank heavens I haven't got broadband. God in His infinite wisdom has saved me from being exposed to sins of the flesh. Wobbly bits will take us all to Saddam and Gormondising.

Repent I say. The Lord will not be mocked. He will send lizards and frogs to rain upon you and your ugly wobbly bits...

Hang on...I'm an atheist! Sorry.

31/5/07 4:58 pm  
Blogger Plonka said...

I thought about going, but it was very early and very cold...;)

It could have been worse though. If he had done it in Sydney Fred Nile would have turned up for sure...

31/5/07 7:16 pm  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

All people were created equal, but their bodies weren't ;)

1/6/07 12:21 am  
Blogger Simon said...

Wow that was amazing!! Beautiful. I must say I can't understand what these religious fanatics have against the human body. Do they undress in the dark? Do they have "carnal relations" with their clothes on? No wonder they are so sexually frustrated. We may never know the answer.But all I can say is after seeing all those wobbly bits...another good reason to visit Australia...:)

P.S. Unfortunately we can't do that in Canada where I live. We'd either freeze to death or our wobbly bits would fall off...

1/6/07 8:13 am  
Blogger Mikayla Starstuff said...

LOL that was great. I've been to a nudist camp before, and fully participated. No orgy, no lewdness, just perfectly normal people acting perfectly normal with no clothes on. It was freeing--and I got a full body tan :)

1/6/07 11:30 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

plonka

LOL@ Fred Nile utrning up. I really don't want to think about a naked Fred Nile. Maybe he has a tattoo of jesus on his bum?

simon

Melbourne gets pretty cold, but not as bad as Canada. Frost bite on the wobbly bits wouldn't be recommended.

1/6/07 12:04 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

mikayla

I have swum nude lots of times in my life. (Admittedly when I was considerably younger)

To me, you haven't lived until you have swum nude in the ocean or a freshwater creek.

1/6/07 12:06 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

KA: ME stands for? Is it a state?

Mid east?

1/6/07 12:07 pm  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

BBIM:
Mid east?
Yeah, or Middle East. Sorry.

1/6/07 2:52 pm  
Blogger Plonka said...

Beep: LOL, perish the thought! But I don't know what's funnier. Fred bearing his bum, or Fred having a tatt...:)

1/6/07 9:02 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Ya never know what the "holier than thou types" have hidden away from public view.

I think about some of the Victorian ladies from the upper class in England who had lots of tattoos over their bodies.

But maybe Fred doesn't have a tat of jesus, perhaps it is one of the Queen or something - or the Australian Flag. (Sorry, I am amusing myself too much now :) )

2/6/07 1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home