BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Monday, January 15, 2007

Homosexuality Is Natural Part 2

Use Your Discretion. This post contains Adult Concepts.
~*~
This post is a follow-up to a previous article I posted called "Homosexuality Is Natural." In the video below, Ricky Gervais gives his comedic touch to the position that homosexuality is natural. If you haven't seen this before, and you like Gervais, I suggest you give it a watch. I find it hilarious, but then, that is me. Let me know what you think.
~*~
~*~
The below video obviously lends the Cole Porter song a little more meaning. “Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. Let's do it, let's fall in love.” Comments are welcomed.
~*~



, , , , , , ,

Link

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliance...:)

We know that homosexual behaviour has been observed in animals, but has anyone managed to discover if some are exclusively homosexual or does it stop during mating season when producing offspring and ensuring the continuation of the species becomes the main reason for sex?

But does that mean my illustrated children's new testament isnt't proof? I mean the piccies show it all quite clearly...:)

15/1/07 5:16 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE ted

Yeah, I love that Gervaus clip. I think you told me about it in the first place and I had it linked to the first article, but then it was pulled from youtube. I have since found it at "Throw away your TV. com" and just HAD to post it again.

RE: pictures being proof

You mean my children's book about the bible isn't proof? waahhhh

16/1/07 11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was me. I was going to say as much, then thought better of it...:)

Thing is though, that my knowledge is extremely limited in this area. I've seen a couple of docos and have done a limited amount of research since you posted this, but I don't seem to be able to ascertain whether observed homosexual behaviour is exclusively homosexual, or if it's just a bit of fun in the off season, so to speak. Maybe it's to do with the pecking order. But maybe some are just "bent as a nine bob neut", as Ricky so eloquently put it...:)

16/1/07 12:58 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE ted:

I think that sexual desire, homosexuality and heterosexuality, is probably best expressed as a sliding scale.

What we can observe in animals as homosexual behaviour might not be exclusive, but a combination of many environmental and genetic forces.

Human beings are encouraged through social, cultural and religious forces to either be exlusively one or the other. I am not convinced that this is an accurate representation of human sexual desire.

Controversial subjects like sexuality, tend to drive people into extreme positions. Consequently we have people who consider themselves to be exclusively homosexual, or exclusively heterosexual.

My suspicion is that this has more to do with the effects of religious sexual taboos than anything else.

16/1/07 1:29 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Animals in the animal kingdom do not have religious taboos, so they probably indulge in all sorts of sexual activity including what we would see as homosexual acts or desires, without inhibiting their reproductive capability.

Religions, I think have encouraged heterosexuality because they didn't like what they saw in the animal kingdom. Religions thrive on numbers. If you want a powerful religion, you encourage breeding. The seed must be sown in ways which create fruit. ;)

16/1/07 1:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly the point I was working towards Beep and I have to agree with your suspicions. Gazzumped again...:)

16/1/07 8:22 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Gees ted, we gotta stop thinking the same, people will accuse us of being "cultists." ;)

21/1/07 10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home