BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity



  1. Christianity is based on fear
  2. Christianity preys on the innocent
  3. Christianity is based on dishonesty
  4. Christianity is extremely egocentric
  5. Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality
  6. Christianity breeds authoritarianism
  7. Christianity is cruel
  8. Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific
  9. Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex
  10. Christianity produces sexual misery
  11. Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality
  12. Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils
  13. Christianity depreciates the natural world
  14. Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization
  15. Christianity sanctions slavery
  16. Christianity is misogynistic
  17. Christianity is homophobic
  18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ's teachings
  19. The Bible is riddled with contradictions
  20. Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions



Bad Religion - "Amercian Jesus"

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi



, , , , , , , , , ,

Link

17 Comments:

Blogger Dikkii said...

I find it hard to believe that none of your regular trolls have left anything here yet.

3/1/07 11:02 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE dikki

Maybe my regular trolls are too busy praying for my salvation? Either that, or wishing hellfire upon me.

4/1/07 12:03 am  
Blogger Deacon Barry said...

If Christianity just focused on the actual teachings of Jesus as opposed to the supernatural elements, it wouldn't be all those things in the list, and would be a lot easier to live with.
The Christianity that is imposed on a lot of the world, reflects the conservative worldview of its adherents. Change the worldview, and you change Christianity.

4/1/07 9:27 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Hey, Mahatma was no saint, either.
Watch Penn 'n Teller's 'Holier Than Thou' segment.
Gandhi had a...problem w/black folk.

4/1/07 3:53 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE deacon

It is always the supernatural idea of either jesus or any other human like figure that I have a problem with.

RE KA

I am sure that gandhi had his faults, one of which may have been racism. Luckily for me, I am no hero worshipper, either of the visible or the invisible kind; so it is easy for me to accept that people can be a mixture of "good attributes and bad ones."

4/1/07 7:18 pm  
Blogger Daniel said...

Just mention that George Bush, Tony Blair and John Howard are Christians. That surely is enough to convince any sane person that religion stinks!

Cheers and hope to hear from you soon!

4/1/07 7:44 pm  
Blogger Michael Bains said...

I can relate to your take on "hero worship", Beep!.

Good list. Great song!

4/1/07 10:50 pm  
Blogger Simon said...

Hi Beep...I would just add one more to the list...the frightens me the most these days. Even more than the homophobes who are always trying to kill me. And that is that by making people believe that they are going to a better world they make saving this one less important.In fact some of them even want to see the planet burn because they think their hallucinatory "messiah" will come down and save them. The biggest pig homophobe we have in Canada...who is the head of a "Christian" college...believes the Rio Earth Summit declaration is a "pagan document." It seems to me we are getting pretty close to the time when humanity is going to have to choose between the hateful superstitious nonsense of religion,and its very survival....

5/1/07 10:24 am  
Blogger L said...

to me, the one that I see affecting our country the most today is the "anti-intellectual" and "anti-scientific" aspects. truly, truly scary

6/1/07 2:52 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Psst!
There's a typo towards the bottom.

7/1/07 7:47 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE l

I agree, there seems to be an anti-intellectual and anti-science push by the religious rightwing. Popularist movements have historically been antagonistic towards these elements.

The absurdity seems to know no bounds. I have spoekn to people who are vehement about banning books like "Harry Potter" - my guess is that they do not see themselves as part of an anti-intellectual mobement, but part of "god's police" - they will fit in nicely with a police state mentality, I think...

RE KA

I wouldn't be surprised. I never use spell check. Which probably accounts for the many and varied spelling mistakes on my blog. lol

RE simon

I can understand your fears. I was speaking to a young man I know (in person) who came out about 10 years ago. He was lamenting how he would NEVER have come out, if he had known how much recent public opinion was going to turn him into a pariah.

He no longer feels safe, nor a respected member of the community - even though he has a good career and a loving long term partner.

7/1/07 1:09 pm  
Blogger shadowsoflove.blogspot.com said...

"The absurdity seems to know no bounds."

True.



Regards,
-Troll

8/1/07 2:04 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Welcome back under. I do enjoy the presence of a troll or 2. :)

I see you are know limiting yourself to comments about comments. Oh well, my your "trollness" improve - we like a bit of action around here.

8/1/07 3:22 pm  
Blogger shadowsoflove.blogspot.com said...

Greeting to you too. I must say you style has improved.

I am also quite curious about your political views concerning such things as humantarian aid and North Korea. You should add a little variety to you posting.


P.S.

"I see you are know limiting yourself to comments about comments."

Nope.

11/1/07 5:40 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE under

You cannot imagine how ecstatic I am knowing that the recent quality of my posts meets with your approval.

12/1/07 12:55 pm  
Blogger zooplah said...

Thanks for the link. I created a blog entry about it myself.

With regard to the coming out thing, I'm against it. I mean, the whole concept is just that of conforming to our heterosexist culture. I guess I'm technically "in the closet," though I don't exactly refrain from admitting that certain guys are attractive or sexy.

14/1/07 3:25 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE keith

Thanks for the blog entry. It is a shame, I think, that people have to state overtly their homosexuality or their heterosexuality.

But this is the influence of an extremely anti homosexual agenda pushed by various religious groups.

21/1/07 10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home