BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Favourite Things

<< I made this.

(parenthetical remarks) was kind and/or evil enough to tag me also for one of these list things, so here's more than you probably want to know about me:

Things I'd like to do before I die: ~
1. Stay in
Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
2. Go back to
Paris, but this time in springtime.
3. Be
Anthony Kiedis's granny groupie. (in Paris)

Things I cannot do: ~
1.
Calculus
2. Chin-ups
3. Reverse park. (Shame shame)

Things I can do: ~
1.
Fascilitate
2. Create beautiful things
3. Pretend that I know something


Things that would attract me to my significant other: ~
1. Kindness

2. Kindness
3. Kindness
"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." -
Henry James

Things I like to say: ~
1. "It's a wigwam for a goose's bridle"

2. "The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday - but never jam today."
3. "Twas brillig"

Books I like best: ~
1. "Alice In Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll

2. "The Twits" by Roald Dahl
3. "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse

Movies I like to see: ~
1. "History of the World Part 1"
2. "Girl With A Pearl Earring"

3. "Frida"

I, in turn, tag



Link

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow you knew I didn't have anything else to do this evening, didn't you...:-)

That was my first tag Beep. I'm not sure if I should thank you or not. lol...:-) Anyway here you go...:)

22/9/06 10:14 pm  
Blogger Pete Blackwell said...

Great opening paragraph! Pithy, witty—brilliant, really. Where'd you come up with it?

23/9/06 2:15 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE PJB:

I borrowed from your brilliance. ;)

Hope you don't mind. It just seemed easier to follow the format used.

23/9/06 6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in form 2 (year 8) I had to choose a poem to memorise and recite. "Jaberwocky" was on the list and it fascinated me no end. You'll be pleased to hear that I can still recite it perfectly...:-)

23/9/06 7:47 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE ted: Jabberwocky is one of those delightful poems where the sounds of the words make the story.

I especially like the bit " The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!"

Hope that doesn't make me sound too bloodthirsty.

23/9/06 9:31 pm  
Blogger Pete Blackwell said...

Of course I don't mind.

23/9/06 11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed it is Beep. Now if only I could spell it...:-)

It doesn't make you sound blood thirsty at all. As you say, it's the sounds. I particularly liked "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" The words don't even exist, but somehow they manage to make perfect sense. He was an amazing author and one hell of a mathematician too...:)

24/9/06 9:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Siddhartha" is an excellent book indeed. I actually liked it much better than Steppenwolf.

24/9/06 1:23 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE sh:

"Siddhartha" was a great book, but for me, not as psychologically raw as "Steppenwolf."

But if you like the writings of Hermann Hesse, you are ok with me. ;)

28/9/06 10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home