BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Blog Tag

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The Atheist Jew has a tag going about blogs. Anyone who wants to be tagged, can answer the questions and pass the tag on.

  • 1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?

    It looks ok. I have had various people say that the font is too small, and that might be something I take into consideration in the future. It is a "girlie looking blog" because I am an old girlie. The blog layout is a little complicated looking, but I am basically too lazy at the moment to change it.

    I based the idea of my blog around a couple of fictional characters. The first one is the roadrunner from "The Roadrunner Cartoon." Of course, the roadrunner doesn't say much except for "beep beep" or "meep meep", which I interpret to mean, "get out of the way, here I am."

    The other source for the format of this blog is Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" which is a story I have enjoyed since I was a child and that is why many of the initial quotes on the blog are from that source. In the story "Alice in Wonderland", Alice meets a cheshire cat. The cat appears and disappears at will, and engages Alice in sometimes amusing but sometimes vexing conversation.

    The cat also tries to point out philosophical points that annoy Alice. Symbolically, I am NOT Alice, I am the cheshire cat to whom visitors (or Alices), ask questions.

  • 2-Does your family know about your blog?

    Some do. I haven't advertised it to the family nor to friends, as frankly, they wouldn't be interested in the world of blogging. I am sure most of them would consider it a complete nonsense, and it probably is!.

  • 3-Can you tell your friends about your blog?

    As per above.

  • 4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?

    Or do you try to discover new blogs? Sure, I read many blogs, some daily, some more erratically. It depends on how much time I have and how motivated I am..

  • 5-Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.

    I think that writing is a positive experience. It keeps the mind active and chugging along on 3.5 cylinders. Through using a process of composing arguments which encourage discussion and debate, one is able to improve reasoning skills.

  • 6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?

    Of course anyone who posts articles on the internet wants them to be read. And I hope that anything I post, whether it is my argument, or the argument of others is read and that people find them interesting, enjoyable and thought provoking.

  • 7-Did you imagine what other bloggers look like?

    I wouldn't have a clue what most bloggers look like, and it is of little interest to me. What I am amazed at daily is how well some of the younger bloggers put together an argument.

  • 8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?

    Well, aparts from the personal benefit which I mentioned before, yes. Everytime a person clicks onto a blog they need to make a variety of decisions. The primary decisions needed to be made are whether the argument or points being expressed are logical, coherent, and consistent. If they are, then they might have passed some sort of critical analysis or test for veracity.

    Reading other people's blogs also allows an insight into how people think. Not just what they think, but the processes of thinking that they use, and if they think logically. I am not claiming, by the way, that everything I say is completely logical.

  • 9-Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

    The blogsphere is a window into how other people think. A huge variety of people blog. So, it is a snapshot of how some of these people think.

  • 10-Do some political blogs scare you?

    The rule of thumb when it comes to all sorts of controversial topics but especially politics, sex and religion is that they are traditionally known as the subjects to be avoided in polite conversation. When people are not standing eye to eye and sharing their thoughts, the need to be polite for many people, seems secondary. I try to be polite, but I am by no means completely successful at it.

  • 11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?

    I don't mind people criticizing either my blog, or the variety of ideas expressed here. If we all agree, there is little point in writing a blog in the first place. It isn't freedom if it is only the freedom to agree.

  • 12-Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died. If I shuffle off this mortal coil, I am sure there will be some people who will be relieved. In fact, some of them will probably be hoping that I am getting my comeupance in hell. (Limbo isn't taking anymore people as it's existence is in review from a religious point of view.)

  • 13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

    Hmmm. I am not sure. There are a few favourites, but I read such a variety of material, it is difficult to say.

  • 14-Which blogger you think is the most similar to you.

    My blog has things in common with other bogs which discuss religion, science, philosophy and logic. Perhaps other Australian blogs are the most similar to me potentially because we share, even unwittingly, a similar cultural psychology.

  • 15-Name a song you want to listen to?

    I am not sure what this has to do with the above line of questioning, but I will pick anything by
    Bob Schneider from the infamous "Bob Schneider and the Scabs."

    I will also tag anyone who wants to be tagged this time.



, , , , , , , ,

Link

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, I think it's cool.

19/10/06 12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beep. Couldn't help myself...:)

20/10/06 11:59 am  
Blogger Arthur_Vandelay said...

Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

23/10/06 7:54 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE arthur:

Consider yourself tagged ;)

24/10/06 10:45 am  
Blogger michie said...

As you noticed, I kind of tagged myself. Though I seemed unimpressed with the questions overall, it was just an excuse to vent a bit.

Thanks for stopping by. You rock.

24/10/06 10:58 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE michie

No problem, tag away, and thanks for the link.

27/10/06 12:24 pm  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

I've tagged myself, too. Nice meme, or whatever. And your blog, btw, rules. I'm now going to go comment annoyingly on many other of your posts.

4/11/06 6:51 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE foilwoman:

Knock yourslef out. The more blog tags the merrier. :)

4/11/06 4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home