BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Who put the “BOMP” in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp? Who put the “MEEP” in the beep beep its me?


With thanks to BEAJ at Bacon Eating Atheist Jew for this little titbit of information.

Apparently, I am much older than I thought. Shocking I know. And I mean MUCH older.

"Skeletal remains from a 220-million-year-old dinosaur reveal a prehistoric road runner of sorts, whose svelte figure and long legs allowed it to evade predators lickety-split." (I must say that I hold my age remarkably well under the circumstances. 220million years old, who would have thunk it? It appears to be so much like me that I am gob smacked.)

"The creature stood about 12 inches tall at the hips and weighed just 4.4 pounds. Its head-to-tail length was about 3 feet, with about half of that taken by the tail. The new species is aptly named Eocursor parvus, meaning 'early little runner.'" (Obviously I won't be requiring that people refer to me by my latin name of Eocursor parvus. Perhaps only on formal occasions or at fancy dress balls. It is also evidence of how the vocalization of this particular dinosaur has changed over time from the classic "meep meep" to the more modern, "beep beep."

Anyway, I am ecstatic that my predecessor has been found and so rigorously identified, after all, as a dinosaur, I would hate to have a type of primate as my common ancestor. We dinosaurs have our pride, you know.




"Who Put The Bomp"



Link

15 Comments:

Blogger Dikkii said...

Apparently, I am much older than I thought. Shocking I know. And I mean MUCH older.

Steady on, Beep. We all wake up like this some mornings.

4/7/07 12:19 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

dikki

Well, 220 million years old, is considerably older than I thought. so suffice it to say, I was a little shocked. :)

4/7/07 10:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEEP, Where are you?....

12/7/07 9:03 am  
Blogger tina FCD said...

I love that song! lol! It hits us sooner or later huh.

12/7/07 9:43 am  
Blogger Darwin's Dagger said...

BEEP, Where are you?....

Good question.

21/7/07 3:54 am  
Blogger Gert said...

D'ya thaank this ole Dino walked with Adam an' Eve in't Garden of Eden too, as said in t' Creaashion Musaem?

22/7/07 3:16 am  
Blogger Rose said...

So I guess that means you're also much wiser than you thought, too? :D

24/7/07 6:43 am  
Blogger Krystalline Apostate said...

Hey, doll, where've you gotten off to?
Some of us are worried, y'know.

29/7/07 1:03 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Sorry guys, I have been lazy. (This is not to be miscontrued to mean that I have a real life! :) )

I hope to post more regularly again in the future, but for the moment, I am off on a holiday for a week. Hopefully, I will take a few photographs and make a youtube video for a bit of fun.

See you when I get back. Keep up the good work on your blogs. Toooodle oooooooo. :)

29/7/07 5:45 pm  
Blogger Mojoey said...

Funny, I you don't look a day over 210 million years old...

30/7/07 3:44 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Hahaha.. thanks for that Mojoey ;)

30/7/07 6:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I can't leave a comment?

13/2/09 10:09 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Looks like you did leave a comment...

29/1/10 12:16 pm  
Blogger Art Is Life, Life Is Art said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/3/10 4:24 pm  
Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Dude, you’re most certainly entitled to your whorizontal belief; however, if I alone cannot audit the Fed in this Great Depression, I certainly CAN reflect on where our angst leads U.S. Lets get past alla the hypocritical BS of religion we arrogant mortals think and focus on how infinitely teeny-tiny our existence is. 88ish meeesly years VS. the length and breadth of eternity?? C’mon, pal. Whether you wanna believe-me-or-not, is certainly up to one person, you; however, you alone outta the billions of human beings have a precious, indelible soul. I personally don’t wanna lose you. See ya soon. God bless.

1/2/11 11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home