Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"
- Name: beepbeepitsme
- Location: Australia
I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.
View my complete profile
"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"
Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.
Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME
Argument: ~ If an intelligent designer exists, it cannot be an omniscient god.
1. What is an intelligent designer?
2. An intelligent designer designs things.
3. An intelligent designer exhibits intelligence.
4. What is intelligence?
5. Intelligence is the capacity to learn.
6. An omnicient god is a god which knows everything.
7. Therefore, an omniscient god doesn't need to learn anything.
8. Therefore an omniscient god cannot be an intelligent designer.
9. A god which was not all-knowing would be less than perfect.
10. Therefore, only a less than perfect god could be an intelligent designer.
Same argument expressed slightly differently:
1. Definition: X is intelligent means X has the capacity to learn.
2. For any X, X has the capacity to learn LOGICALLY IMPLIES that there is something which X doesn't know.
3. If God exists then God is omniscient (knows all that there is to know).
4. Thus by 3 & 2, God doesn't have the capacity to learn.
5. Thus by 4 & 1, God is not intelligent.
6. Every intelligent designer is intelligent.
7. Therefore by 5 & 6, God is not an intelligent designer.
(With thanks to Polaterality)
If complex organisms demand an explanation, so does a complex designer.
By calling god an "intelligent designer" (one who has the capacity to learn, reason and understand); one downgrades an omniscient god, (one who knows everything already), to one who "knows a lot." - beepbeepitsme
intelligent design intelligent designer omniscient intelligence