BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME.

"Begin at the beginning,and go on till you come to the end: then stop." (Lewis Carroll, 1832-1896)

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked."Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat."I don't know," Alice answered."Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

"So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

"All right," said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone. "Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Like Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", if you do not have a Babel Fish in your ear this blog will be completely unintelligible to you and will read something like this: "boggle, google, snoggle, slurp, slurp, dingleberry to the power of 10". Fortunately, those who have had the Babel Fish inserted in their ear, will understood this blog perfectly. If you are familiar with this technology, you will know that the Babel Fish lives on brainwave radiation. It excretes energy in the form of exactly the correct brainwaves needed by its host to understand what was just said; or in this case, what was read. The Babel Fish, thanks to scientific research, reverses the problem defined by its namesake in the Tower of Babel, where a deity was supposedly inspired to confuse the human race by making them unable to understand each other.

"DIFFICILE EST SATURAM NON SCRIBERE"

Beepbeepitsme has been added to The Atheist Blogroll. You can see the blogroll in my sidebar. The Atheist blogroll is a community building service provided free of charge to Atheist bloggers from around the world. If you would like to join, visit Mojoey at Deep Thoughts.

Subscribe to BEEP! BEEP! IT'S ME

Friday, October 20, 2006

"Christianity's Flying Circus"


From: - Stardust Musings and Thoughts for the Freethinker



Song by Genesis - Sung by Phil Collins
Lyrics
You see the face on the tv screen
Coming at you every sunday
See that face on the billboard
That man is me
On the cover of the magazine
There's no question why I'm smiling
You buy a piece of paradise
You buy a piece of me
I'll get you everything you wanted
I'll get you everything you need
Don't need to believe in hereafter
Just believe in me
Cos jesus he knows me
And he knows Im right
I've been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows Im right
And he's been telling me
Everything is alright
I believe in the family
With my ever loving wife beside me
But she don't know about my girlfriend
Or the man I met last night
Do you believe in god
Cos that's what I'm selling
And if you wanna get to heaven
I'll see you right
You won't even have to leave your house
Or get outta your chair
You don't even have to touch that dial
Cos I'm everywhere
And jesus he knows me
And he knows I'm right
I've been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
Well he's been telling me
Everything's gonna be alright
Won't find me practising what I'm preaching
Won't find me making no sacrifice
But I can get you a pocketful of miracles
If you promise to be good, try to be nice
God will take good care of you
Just do as I say, don't do as I do
I'm counting my blessings,
I've found true happiness
Cos I'm getting richer, day by day
You can find me in the phone book,
Just call my toll free number
You can do it anyway you want
Just do it right away
There'll be no doubt in your mind
You'll believe everything I'm saying
If you wanna get closer to him
Get on your knees and start paying
Cos jesus he knows me
And he knows I'm right
I've been talking to jesus all my life
Oh yes he knows me
And he knows I'm right
Well he's been telling me
Everything's gonna be alright, alright
Jesus he knows me
Jesus he knows me, you know...

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, January 14, 1991

~*~

And I guess that means that I don't have to be nice to you either.

Link

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was some serious hair-do's in that lot. Good to see Benny's toned his down a bit these days. I'm surprised he didn't cause more injuries than he "cured" with the number he's sporting in that video. I liked his jacket trick too. There's no doubt, he's definately the best stage hypnotis...er, sorry... evangelist and faith healer working today...:)

20/10/06 5:19 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE ted:

I figure all those people with back injuries can come back next week and be miraculously healed...

20/10/06 6:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only if they contribute to the collection plate though...

20/10/06 7:21 pm  
Blogger Daniel said...

Gee, Beep. Because I can't get broadband, trying to access all these videos or tapes is out of the question (takes an hour and a half to load each one).

Do you think if I have enough faith in John Howard or Sol, I might eventually get broadband and heal my knowledge deficit? Cheers.

21/10/06 11:57 am  
Blogger Stardust said...

Mass hysteria can make people do the stupidest things. It's similar to the screaming and fainting girls in the 60s when the Beatles came to America. People behave this same way at concerts and soccer matches, and other events. The lemmings just follow the first lemming ...and then you have everybody doing it.

Love the "collage" at the top. Did you find that somewhere or put it together yourself?

21/10/06 3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure Phil never had that much hair. But the original is almost as good...:)

Off topic or maybe not, but El Diablo Pt II is up if you're still interested...

21/10/06 4:29 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

RE: stardust

Yeah, the collage is a manipulation of a couple of images.

RE: ted

Thanks for the heads up on "el diablo 2."

RE: daniel

I know. Dialup is a mongrel. I put up with it for years.

21/10/06 8:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true of many of the TV preachers here in America. You won't find me defending them at all.

Daniel

24/10/06 4:08 am  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

The TV preachers are christians. They are just an example of sinful christians.

31/10/06 1:00 pm  
Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

The TV preachers are christians. They are just an example of sinful christians.

31/10/06 1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home